Dicky de Best - our prosthetic expert
A prosthetic expert, also known as a prosthetist, is a healthcare professional who specializes in the design, fabrication, fitting, and customization of prosthetic limbs. A patient who has experienced limb loss or limb absence due to various reasons, such as amputation, congenital limb differences, or trauma, needs the best possible help to regain function and mobility.
Dicky de Best has experienced limb loss for herself. She is therefore trained in evaluating the unique needs and goals of each individual patient and developing customized prosthetic solutions to meet those needs. She works closely with patients, rehabilitation professionals and our surgical team to provide comprehensive care and support throughout the prosthetic fitting and adjustment process
Dicky is there for you
Dicky de Best is associated with AOFE Clinics as an experience prosthetic expert / case manager. She is present at the intake clinic to provide you with information on osseointegration prostheses. As an expert witness she also remains available after discharge, for patients who have undergone (osseointegration) surgery, for questions such as:
- what activities can I do or am I advised not to do with an osseointegration prosthesis?
- How do I care for my stoma
- Can I keep the prosthesis on all day?
- Can I keep my current prosthesis?
In addition, she can provide information on:
- Admission and stay at AOFE clinics.
- How mobile are you after the operation
- How to proceed after discharge
As a case manager, she takes care of:
- Proper progress of your treatment
- Point of contact if problems arise
- Evaluation of care pathway
You can contact her at email@example.com