Who is eligible for an osseointegration (click) prosthesis?
You are eligible for clickprosthesis if you answer yes to two or more of the statements below:
- I use my prosthetic leg for less than 50 hours a week
- My maximum continuous walking distance with a prosthetic leg is less than 2 kilometers
- My prosthetic leg comes off at least once a week during daily activities
- I regularly suffer from blisters, abrasions, pressure spots and inflammation due to my socket
- I have reduced seating comfort as a result of the socket
- I suffer from excessive perspiration in the socket during the summer
Who are not eligible for an osseointegration (click) prosthesis?
- People who smoke
- People with a BMI greater than 30 (severely overweight, obese)
- People with severe diabetes mellitus (kidney failure, eye disorders, nerve disease)
- People with severe peripheral artery disease