Who is eligible for an osseointegration (click) prosthesis?
You are eligible if you answer yes on two of the following statements.
- I use my prosthesis less than 50 hours per week
- My maximum continuous walking distance with prosthesis is less than 2 kilometers
- My prosthesis releases at least once a week during daily activities
- My socket causes blisters, abrasions, pressure spots, skin inflammations
- I have poor sitting comfort as a result of the socket/sleeve
- I suffer from perspiration in the socket in the summer
Who is not eligible for an osseointegration (click) prosthesis?
- People who smoke
- People with a BMI higher than 30
- People with severe diabetes (kidney failure, eye disorders, nerve disease)
- People with severe vascular disease of the legs