Selectie criteria voor patiënten
AOFEclinics performs surgical treatments at Annatommie Medical Center in Utrecht, The Netherlands
Selection criteria Annatommie MC
At Annatommie MC we use the ASA classification, which has been drawn up by the American Society of Anesthesiology. ASA-1 and ASA-2 classification we can operate within our setting. We refer ASA-3 and ASA-4 to regular hospitals.
ASA-1: a physically and mentally healthy patient, non-smoker, no or minimal alcohol consumption.
ASA-2: a patient with a mild or moderate systemic abnormality without functional impairment. For example (but not only): smoker, social drinker, hypertension (high blood pressure), mild lung disease that is well controlled with drugs.
Unfortunately, we cannot operate you within Annatommie MC if you comply with ASA-3 or ASA-4:
- 85 years of age or older or are younger than 16 years of age;
- BMI over 35 (severely overweight);
- Previous heart attack (MI), heart surgery (e.g. angioplasty/stenting), cerebral haemorrhage or cerebral infarction (CVA);
- Pacemaker or AICD (built-in defibrillator);
- Active hepatitis (inflammation of the liver);
- Alcohol and or drug addiction;
- Renal impairment with dialysis;
- Poorly controlled epilepsy (falling sickness). Your driving license has been lost as a result;
- Chronic bronchitis in advanced stage for example: COPD GOLD III,VI;
- High blood pressure above 180/100 mmHg;
- Insulin-dependent diabetes has and will undergo a knee prosthesis, hip prosthesis, shoulder prosthesis, click prosthesis;
- Mechanical heart valve prosthesis.
Exceptions can be made in consultation with our anesthetist if you:
- has had a TIA and is not coming for a new hip, knee, shoulder or click prosthesis;
- have a history of heart and lung complaints;
- are taking certain blood thinners (anti-clotting medications);
- heart rhythm disorders or a biological valve prosthesis.